Sunday, October 2, 2016

You are Invited...

There are very few things in man's world that can offer a lasting comfort. Certainly there is temporary fulfillment all around, but this only feeds our flesh. 
There are many moments in life that require a deeper more spiritual kind of healing, a comfort so sure, it cannot be explained, only felt. This my friends, can only be found in the gentle, loving hands of the LORD. But how on earth do we get there, to this place of comfort and peace? 
The words of the LORD found in the book of John, do confirm His promise of comfort and peace given to those who rely on Him. 

                                 John

14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. 

Wow. We are so very unworthy to be given the gift of life alone. Then, we are given the gift of our Father in the flesh, manifest through Jesus Christ. As well as we are given the gift of comfort and peace through His spirit and His promise that we shall eternally be His! 
This amazing Father we so humbly thank, has given us the greatest of all gifts, to walk in His will and follow His commandments His only request. 
And it is just that, a request. He will not make us follow, He will not make us love Him. We must want to, desire above all else to live for His will and to walk in His ways. Then He alone, so graciously bestows upon us His comfort, His peace, eternally. 
This Father who loves us has given quite literally EVERYTHING to bring us joy, comfort and peace. He has given us every piece needed to succeed in this life and the next, in giving us His word, His power (LORD Jesus) and His Holy Spirit that is His breath of life walking inside of you and me! IF we follow His commandments and trust Him.

My friends, He alone is there for every moment of fear or worry or stress and He alone is waiting to lift your spirit in His holiness and to give your soul a peace unlike ANYTHING you have ever known. 

I leave you with His words again; 

John 14:18  I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 

Let Him come... xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment